20th June 2018 : 12 - 4pm
If you are new to volunteering or have volunteered before, but not at Davy Down, then this is a great opportunity to come for a taster session and see what it's all about.
All are welcome to come and join in the practical conservation activities and learn some new skill along the way.
- You will be working as part of a team with the park warden, carrying out tasks such as pond clearing, reed cutting, meadow cutting, coppicing (cutting smaller tree stems), digging and weeding.
- You don’t need any previous experience and we provide tools and gloves.
- We only use hand tools so you will get some great experience in the more traditional ways of managing habitats.
- The warden will supply tea, coffee, water and the essential biscuits but please bring along a packed lunch.
- Wear old clothes and strong footwear (e.g. boots or trainers).
- You need to be reasonably fit – check with your doctor first if you are worried about your fitness level. The work is physical and we work outside in most weathers on rough ground and in water.
- You must be 17 or over.
Suitable outdoor clothing for the weather conditions.
At the Visitors Centre.
There is some accessibility however the Pumping Station is not accessible to wheelchairs.
Free car parking available on site in Davy Down Public Car Park.