Job Title: IT Support Officer
Reports To: IT Manager
Terms: Temporary (6 months), 36 hours p/w, part time considered
ABOUT THE LAND TRUST
The Land Trust is a Registered Charity based in Warrington and operating nationally. We are leading the way in establishing new, sustainable methodologies for the management of open space, on behalf of, and in partnership with, local communities. We are currently responsible for the management of over 50 sites across the UK, including urban parks, designated nature reserves and listed buildings. We work with local partners, such as Groundwork, Wildlife Trusts and The Conservation Volunteers, to manage sites on the ground and engage communities. Our primary aim is the delivery of our five charitable objectives: environment; community cohesion; health; education; and economic benefits.
The Land Trust is seeking to appoint a temporary IT Support Officer to help with all aspects of IT including systems management and providing support via the phone, email and in person to around 40 users including remote workers.
Working directly under the guidance and supervision of the IT Manager on day-to-day IT support related tasks, you’ll also liaise with the IT Manager regarding all aspects of the day-to-day running of the department.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hardware and software support for 40 staff via telephone, email and remote access.
- Liaising with the external IT Support provider for any server related issues.
- Building Windows 7/8 Desktops/Laptops and Tablets to agreed specification.
- Liaise with third party companies regarding hardware faults, return hardware when necessary and evaluate that the faults are fixed.
- Setting up and support of Android/Windows phones and Tablets (Windows 8.1).
- Creating and maintaining User Accounts via Small Business Server 2011 and Active Directory.
- Creating and maintaining email address and distribution groups via Small Business Server 2011 and Exchange 2007.
- Inducting new starters in the use of the IT Systems.
- Provide user level training on applications, for example Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Assist with network and security management.
- Assist with systems development including Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Manage and maintain the property management and finance system (Qube) and liaise with external software support provider.
- Maintain inventory of hardware and software including licensing.
- Maintenance and ongoing development of the Land Trust’s websites.
- Redevelopment and maintenance of the Land Trust’s intranet (sharepoint).
- Liaising with Communications and Marketing and Portfolio Management teams to manage and maintain the Land Trust websites and systems.
- Maintaining the telephone system.
- Escalating any problems to the IT Manager as appropriate.
- Providing cover for the IT Manager for sickness and annual leave.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2010, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and mobile in a domain environment.
- Experience with Active Directory and Windows Server 2008.
- Experience and/or knowledge of various networking systems concepts including email, firewall, client servers, network security, network protocols, etc.
- Previous experience with computer maintenance.
- Must show aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Good troubleshooting skills using logic and common sense.
- Ability and confidence to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Recent relevant experience in a similar technical role and/or IT related qualification.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products including Exchange, SQL 2012 Server, Dynamics CRM 2011/2013.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Sharepoint.
- Experience and/or knowledge of domain management and DNS configuration.
- Experience and/or knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS and WordPress.
- Circa £18,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday per year pro rata, plus bank holidays.
- A defined contributions pension plan, with Land Trust matching employee contributions up to 6%
Please e-mail a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, Sunday 9th April 2017
Interviews will take place in Birchwood, Warrington the week commencing on 24th April 2017
Back to opportunities list
I used to work at Askern pit so I've got an affinity with the place. I've been volunteering at the park for the past couple of years, helping people get the most out of it.
Pete Robson, volunteer at Warren House Park
View all news
Get in touch
If you have any questions or queries about what we do or how to go about working with us we'd love to hear from.
How you can help
We are always on the look out for enthusiastic, committed people who want to make a real and lasting difference in their local community.